A quick reminder for those interested in playing around with the latest AutoStakkert!2 lucky imaging software: there is a beta version of AutoStakkert!2 available at the AutoStakkert!2 beta website
The versions displayed on that site have not been tested a lot, but it generally works quite well and has interesting functionality such as:
- improved flat frame support
- native support for mjpeg, ser, fits, and many avi videos and image files
- extended support for additional video formats using windows codecs
- additional mov support using FFMpeg
- more speed (overall about 2X faster)
- alt-az derotation
- sigma clipping satcking
- and many more…
And of course, all of these nicely hidden from view (but easily available) so if you just want an easy to use, fast and high quality lucky imaging stacking program, it is still there.
If you find any problems with a beta, please let me know so I can fix them. I’m currently using 220.127.116.11 myself without any problems, but small updates are frequently performed that might brake or – preferably – improve the software further.